Prevention Week Schedule
Prevention Week 2023 will explore the risk factors for women over 40. The areas you should be thinking about when trying to reduce your risk.
Often the thought of making changes to your lifestyle can feel overwhelming. Knowing which areas and what changes you need to make can be daunting. But we’re here to help you.
During the week, we will share practical tips on reducing your risk with guest blogs and handy guides. By the end of the week, you will be armed with the knowledge and resources to change your everyday habits to help reduce your risk of breast cancer.
Monday – What are the risks for women over 40?
- As you get older, your risk of breast cancer increases. But what are the risk factors for women over 40, and what can I do to reduce my risk? We answer your questions.
- #makeasmallchange challenge
- Whatever your age, it’s never too late to reduce your risk. Join in by committing to make one small change to your everyday habits to help reduce your risk. Share your change on social media and inspire others to #makeasmallchange.
- Grab our Healthy Habits Tracker to keep you motivated.
Tuesday – Diet and weight
- Making healthy swaps to your regular favourite dishes is an easy way to improve your diet. Check out our top swaps.
- Fibre is a critical element of a healthy diet. It can help you feel fuller for longer and helps keep your gut healthy. Read our Fibre key facts sheet.
Wednesday – Alcohol
- We often need to pay more attention to the amount we drink in a week. That glass of wine after work to relax can often become two or three. Before you realise it, you drink more than the recommended amount of 14 units per week.
- Guest blog from Charlie Pears, who shares her journey of giving up alcohol. Her reasons for giving up and the obstacles she overcame.
- We also explore the often unexpected benefits of giving up alcohol to inspire you to cut back.
Thursday – Exercise
- Fitting exercise into your daily schedule is tricky, but there are some shortcuts you can take to make this easier. We explore ways to do this so you can hit the recommended 150 minutes weekly.
- Staying fit over 40 – we share our top tips from health experts.
Friday – Chemical exposure
- Harmful chemical exposure can increase your risk of breast cancer. Sometimes it’s hard to know what products you should avoid. We’re going to provide our top tips on how you can make your home toxic free.
Saturday – Sustaining healthy habits.
- So we’re telling you to change your lifestyle to reduce your risk of breast cancer. Easier said than done, right? Well, we’re here to help you sustain those healthy choices for the long term with our guide to maintaining healthy habits with knowledge pulled for experts across this field.
Sunday – #makeasmallchange
- Sharing Sunday – we share your #makeasmallchanges tips received throughout the week to round off this year’s Prevention Week.